I know its a little (actually a lot late, considering I got the news … like… yesterday), nevertheless… YAYEE!!! I received a very sweet surprise yesterday from Mennah. I really feel great receiving the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. It does feel good to know that my self obsessed posts about all my misadventures and stories about my epic Klutzy-ness is inspiring to someone (tee hee hee).
I admit that I stumbled over Mennah’s blog by a coincidence, but it was quite a lucky break. Her posts are regular (unlike mine which either are separated by months or are clubbed together in bunches of 10 on the same day), thought provoking and definitely entertaining. It is sometimes a little amusing to see my thoughts on her blog (kind of freaky at times when she pretty much writes exactly what I think of!!!). Anywho… Thanks for the lovely posts and this nomination.
So following the tradition, here are 7 facts about me :
1. I am the queen of all the clumsy people, I so totally rock!!! So if there’s a chance that someone will get hurt, you can trust me to live up to your expectation. If there is NO chance of any accidents happening, then you can surely trust me to invent a whole new way of getting hurt. As per a poster on my FB page ” I don’t fall, I conduct random gravity checks”.
2. I love books, to death! I am not crazy about dresses or jewellery…. food… a little… but if there’s one thing that can really make me LOUVVVEE you, is if you gift me a book… (Yup.. this is yet another reminder that my birthday is right around corner)
3. I hate shopping. As it is already apparent from the point above, I rather buy books than dresses or accessories or funky scarves (or any of the peculiar paraphernalia you kids are wearing these days). I still manage to blackmail my mother into buying my stuff for me (you know… the tops, and the dresses and the jewellery and things like that). When that fails, I pretend that the shopping mall is a grocery store and carry a “List” to buy from.
4. I love “lists”. I love making and following lists. I have a home to-do, office to-do, then I have wishlists and then shopping lists…and then there are lists of things I like… and I don’t like.. while growing up i had a list of careers I could take up and then there was a contingency list to that. there are lists for birthdays, and anniversaries and deep in my mind I also secretly stores lists of reasons for why I hate someone… and of course the list goes onnnnnn.
5. I hate stereotypes and being stereotyped. So when most girls were busy having a crush or falling in love, I was roaming the streets with a bunch of my guy friends mocking the same girls. I prefer to wear black or dark grey.. or dark blue (basically black or anything that looks like black) to wearing ANYTHING thats pink (and meant to be for girls. I mean… for christ’s sake!!! its a running shoe… even if it NOT PINK, I will buy it!!!). I went ahead with higher studies when everyone thought it was time for me to get married… and then I decided to stay at home and become a housewife just to contradict the people who were convinced that with my kind of education I should rather work then be at home…
6. I am adamant as hell. I think it is only my hubby who I have learnt to listen to, otherwise you try and tell me to do something, and I promise and swear by every alien’s life on earth that I shall NEVER ever do it!!!
7. I am proud to be 28 (sooonnnnn my birthday’s just around the cornerrrrr)… but I can’t grow beyond the 2 year old that I am at heart. So I still jump around in every puddle of dirty rain water, I still melt the chocolate on my fingers so that I can keep licking them… and I still stomp and throw a tantrum (yess… a REAL one) in the middle of the road, when I don’t get my way.
I really wish there were more points to be mentioned about me so that I could tell you what a narcissistic yapper I am 🙂 In case I have violated any of the “rules” of this award by yapping away to glory, I apologise… a little but who cares 😉 I got to write about myself for like an entire post.. yoohooo (like thats something I have never done.. eh??)
So here’s a list of blogs I find inspiring (I know … you all were really waiting for this one :))
Rules for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award: Thank the person who nominated you. Share seven things about yourself. Nominate seven other bloggers for this award. Put the logo of the award on your blog site. Post the rules. Let your seven picks know they are nominated.
As Simple as That!!!