This is like an all-time-favorite with my family. Although I have found many recipes on the net, I have figured out my own over time and I prefer to stick to it. So here’s the recipe for a Rum Chocolate Ganache covered Chocolate cake. yummmm
For Cake :
2 Cups Maida (All Purpose Flour)
2 cups Powdered sugar
1 cup oil (Or melted butter, if you prefer that)
2 tbsp of cocoa powder
1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
10-12 drops of Vanilla essence ( Pffttt… I just random drip it on the mixture)
Preparing the mix :
Now a lot of sites will tell you the beat the egg whites and yellows separately and some will tell you beat them together. I have tried both the ways, and trust me there is NO difference at all.
Before starting make sure you sift the Flour along with baking powder and the cocoa powder. (This is a must as it helps you avoid the lumps while mixing)
1. Beat the sugar with Oil/butter till a little fluffy
2. Add eggs one by one (or all together) and beat it thoroughly (make sure there are bubbles in the mix)
3. Add the Vanilla Essence
4. Add the sifted flour mix little by little. Mix using a spatula.
Preparing the container:
1. Grease the container with butter/oil and sprinkle Flour on it.
2. While you are mixing the batter, put your pressure cooker on a high flame without the whistle, lid closed for about 5 minutes
3. Pour the batter into the container
4. place the perforated disk in the cooker and then place the container over it.
5. On a low flame let the cooker stay for about 40 minutes.
6. After 40 minutes, turn of the gas and keep the lid closed for another 10 minutes.
Take the cake out of the container by turning it upside down on a plate. Make sure to loosen up the sides by running a knife around.
Preparing the Rum Chocolate Ganache icing:
You will need:
Some cooking chocolate (Preferably dark one)
1. Use a double boiler to melt chocolate
2. In case you don’t have one, heat water in a bigger pan and then in a smaller one (which you can fit within the bigger one), add the chocolate pieces and keep stirring as it melts.
3. Once it completely melts, add 100 gms of butter
4. Add half a pack of Fresh Cream (Around 50ml)
5. Keep stirring continuously.
6. Once it is all melted and mixed thoroughly take it off the stove.
7. Add as much rum as you like to it…
8. Mix well so that the rum is completely mixed with the chocolate
Put the Ganache in the freezer for about 5 minutes, till it thickens a little.
Slice the cake into two halves
Spread out the ganache on the lower part of the cake. Once you place the top part, Nicely spread the ganache over it.
You Yummy Chocolate cake is ready… Bon Apetit